CCP are deploying Inferno 1.2 on August 8th.
I cannot actually access Singularity at the moment (tgl3 is still unsubbed on there) so this post will lack screenshots and precise stats. If you have either, let me know so I can update the post.
Without further ado, here’s what I know of:
- Attack Frigate Changes – A change to the Executioner, Condor, Atron and Slasher to make them more viable for combat. New stats here, with a small update here.
- Mining Barge Changes – A change to barges & exhumers. The main change is a move from Cargo Holds to a new dedicated Ore Bay, but also changes around the roles. CCP have not announced the exact details, but there’s a pastebin here of the changes mined from the test server or something. This also include a couple of new rigs for mining ships. Have fun!
- New Alchemy reactions – CCP are introducing new Alchemy things in 1.2. Their Devblog is here. There’s also an update to the reactions, found here.
- Rookie Ship buff – CCP are giving all the Rookie Ships a fixed role bonus, and generally improving their stats. This should make Rookie Ships a viable combat ships for very low SP pilots, since the bonuses include EWAR. Stats here.
- V3 Angel Ships – The V3 changes are continuing with the Angel Ships being updated. Check out the CCP video here!
- UPDATE: Self destruct changes – SD’ing will now give loot and a killmail
- UPDATE: Incursion Changes – A buff to OTA sites in Vanguard Incursion systems. Changes here.
- UPDATE: Tooltips on hovering over weapons!
- T2 armor plates – Tech 2 Armor plates have had their HP buffed, now giving more Armor than the Meta 4 varient (Rolled Tungsten)
- New NPE – An improved New Player Experience is en route.
- Fittings now save cargo/rigs – Some awesome Dev (CCP Punkturis) has added the ability to fit your cargo and rigs when fitting from the fitting browser.
- Changes to Missile Names (again) – CCP have made a couple of changes to the naming of Heavy Assault Missiles and FoF missiles. Dev blog here.
- Changes to Implant descriptions and market sorting – In the same Dev blog as above, the description of implant bonuses have been made a bit more consistent, and their market orders have been improved so they actually make sense.
- Improved Unified Inventory usability – You can now drag out windows from the main Inventory window. Probably other stuff too.
- Green Screen in Character Creation – You can now select a “green screen” option in character re-customization.
- Improved Market Search – The Market search function has been improved, splitting results into subsections (ships, propulsion etc) for easier location of what you want
That’s everything I could find for now, but there’s some other stuff to look out for:
- CCP announced their general ideas for Black Ops ships
- This is EVE III:
If I missed anything, please let me know. Since I can’t access Singularity, it’s really hard to check for the new stuff!
What is Singularity? Singularity is the name of the EVE Online testing server (or one of them, the other being Duality). Commonly referred to as “Sisi”, a lost of future update changes hit this server before they’re deployed onto the live server. Examples include the Crucible expansion and, currently, changes such as a buff to Assault Frigates.
There was a time when getting onto this server was a massive hassle. Fortunately, CCP has made it a lot easier.
If you want to access the Sisi test server, simply go to this link and follow the instructions (download link is also included)
The instructions there are easy to follow, and it shouldn’t be long before you’re on the server!
“But TG, I’m on the server. What now?”
Most of the “action” on Sisi takes place within the test system of 6-CZ49. There’s an easy way to get here quickly – most of the time CCP runs a bot to move people that join the “moveme” in-game channel. So do that.
The single station in 6-C is seeded with nearly all T1 and T2 items and ships for 100 ISK each, and also comes with a medbay. Set your clone!
The rules on Sisi are basic – anywhere in 6-C excluding the station and gate is a free for all. CCP has designated some combat areas (beacons) but expect people to be testing ships at a planet too. Podding is allowed. Other rules can be found here.
“But TG, I haven’t got all my skills!”
Every now and then (be it after 3 months or 2 days), CCP mirror (copy) your characters and skills from Tranquility to Singularity – this is normally done after a major update to the test server. As such, your character and assets on Sisi may be up to 2 months out of date.
“Will my losses on Sisi affect TQ?”
“I’ve heard things about free skillpoints!”
Every so often, CCP runs a “mass-test” on Singularity (occasionally on Duality) – participating earns your character 2,000,000 unassigned skillpoints on the test server. These are carried over each mirror (up to 6,000,000) provided you’ve participated in a mass-test before the mirror.
Another round of changes have hit the Singularity Test Server.
There are 2 major changes, with a number of smaller ones.
Firstly, the new Neocom.
It’s nice, without a doubt. I do have quite a few niggles with it – the “Accessories” take far too long to navigate to on the default bar, the wallet/chat channel flashing icon is really dim and so on. Hopefully these will be remedied as they have already been posted to the feedback thread.
The new bar appears to be pretty customizable – you can drag and drop icons around and create groups for icons as well.
Next up are the changes to the Assault Frigates.
The leaked buffs from the Chaos build appear to be right on the mark, as seen with my Enyo!
Changes have hit across every Assault Frigate. It’s worth checking them out. CCP have listed the changes HERE.
- Better functionality of the online/offline notification thing.
- New symbols in channel lists
- Compact channel list
- The Watchlist can now support 15 pilots, and can be rearranged by dragging and dropping
- Improvements to overheating
- Shift-Clicking a module activates/deactivates overheat
- The green overheat bar will now flash when you’ve hit deactivate, so you know you’ve actually clicked it
- Filters for skill queue/skill list
- Alliances can join Faction Warfare
- Upon receiving leadership or wormhole bonuses, your shield actually rises with the increase.
- Before, the shield capacity would rise but the shield amount would remain the same, resulting in the appearance of “being shot” as red appears on the shield display.
- NEW: This also appears to effect boarding a shield ship from a POS (aka on-lining shield extenders)
- New deadspace shield hardeners (I have no information on these)
- Edit: Screenshot here, thanks to Belloche.
- You can save bookmarks straight into your corporation folder
- Tech 2 Triage now offers -20% cap usage for remote modules
That’s everything I have so far. Let me know if I missed anything.