A year in EVE – A review
So I’ve finally passed a year in EVE. It’s been a hell of a fun ride! Time to go nuts with the stats!
So what happened in my first year? I found a corp, it disbanded. Founded my own corp, disbanded. Joined another corp (Brightstar Technologies) and left to join my current corp, Red Federation. I’ve done mining, missioning, some PI, some building (very few), some market trading, some Ninja Salvaging, some exploration, some lowsec pvp and a lot of highsec pvp with RvB. I’ve taken part in Live Events and died horribly in a wormhole. I’m yet to get podded, but it’s only a matter of time.
I made a list back at New Year about what I wanted to accomplish in my second 6 months of EVE (in 2011) and I’m pleased to see that I’ve passed all but goals 4 and 5, which no longer bother me with my new home in Red vs Blue.
So, onto the list of stats? I think so!
Over my year;
- I’ve acquired 15,500,251 Skillpoints.
- Across 142 skills
- 1.1mil of which is in Drones
- 2mil in Electronics
- 1.2mil in gunnery
- 0.6 mil in industry (argh!)
- 1.1mil in Leadership
- 6.2mil in Spaceship Command
- 22 skills are Level 5
- I’ve lost 135 ships
- 109 of which are frigates
- I’ve killed 498 Ships
- 337 of which are frigates
- I’ve ragequit precisely once.
- I’ve posted all of 4 times on the forums
- I’ve been to most of highsec, but practically no nulsec.
- I’ve been in 4 wormholes, one of which resulted in my imicus dying a horrible death.
So my first year in EVE was a tough one. But, looking back, it’s been a lot better than a lot of people’s. Many a capsuleer falls victim to pirates, concord, odd game mechanics or pure rage and doesn’t make it this far.
I’m glad I’ve made it to where I have, and I hope my fun times continue onwards. Let’s see what’s happened by next year!